What is Stroke?
A stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of your brain is interrupted or reduced, preventing brain tissue from getting oxygen and nutrients. Brain cells begin to die in minutes.
A stroke may be a medical emergency, and prompt treatment is crucial. Early action can reduce brain damage and other complications.
The good news is that many fewer Americans die of stroke now than in the past. Effective treatments can also help prevent disability from stroke.
If you or someone you’re with could also be having a stroke, pay particular attention to the time the symptoms began. Some treatment options are most effective when given soon after a stroke begins.
Signs and symptoms of stroke include:
- Trouble speaking and understanding what others are saying. You may experience confusion, slur your words or have difficulty understanding speech.
- Paralysis or numbness of the face, arm or leg. You may develop sudden numbness, weakness or paralysis in your face, arm or leg. This often affects just one side of your body. Try to raise both your arms over your head at the same time. If one arm begins to fall, you’ll be having a stroke. Also, one side of your mouth may droop when you try to smile.
- Problems seeing in one or both eyes. You may suddenly have blurred or blackened vision in one or both the eyes or you may see double.
- Headache. A sudden, severe headache, which can be amid vomiting, dizziness or altered consciousness, may indicate that you’re having a stroke.
- Trouble walking. You may stumble or lose your balance. You may even have sudden dizziness or a loss of coordination.
Stroke patient Care at home
Being at a hospital can be a lot more expensive as compared to being taken care at home. Many middle class families cannot afford being at hospital more than a couple of days as the charges can go above the level of their payable level.
Homecare Company for Stroke Patients in Gurgaon have expert doctors and qualified nurses who have passed the companies selection criteria and made their place in it. The company provides trustable doctors and nurses for patients who want their care to be taken from home itself.
Why Home Care?
Patients are a lot more comfortable at home as compared to being bed ridden in hospital, home provides them with a comfortable environment and helps them to recover quicker.
Parents or children might not be able to take proper care of the patient because of the lack of knowledge of medicine. Hiring a doctor or a nurse for taking care of the patient at home is the best remedy as the charges are very less and they are professionals, and have the knowledge of how to take care of the patient and what to be done in case of emergency, as sometimes emergencies are so urgent and crucial that going to the hospital can seem to be a long time.