Swine Flu/ flu vaccine at home by homedoc doctors.
Influenza or flu is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu is highly contagious and is normally spread by the cough and sneezes of an infected person
TYPES : Influenza A, B, C
- High temperature.
- Cold sweats and shivers.
- Aching joints and limbs.
- Fatigue, feeling exhausted
- Cough, sore throat, GI changes
WHO ARE AT RISK:
- Adult over 65 years of age.
- Babies or young children.
- Pregnant women.
- Individual with heart or cardiovascular disease.
- Those with lungs problems such as asthma or brochitis.
- People with Diabetes.
- Individual with kidney disease.
- People taking steroids.
- Individual undergoing treatment for cancer.
- Those with long standing disease that reduces Immune system function.
- Antibiotic cannot be used to treat Flu.
- BEST WAYS: To get vaccinated each year.
- Antivirals : such as oseltamivir, Zanamivir.
- Pain killer for headache and bodyache.
- Pain killers like Aspirin should not be given to children under 12 years of age.
SEASONAL FLU SHOT:
A flu vaccine contains
- Influenza virus.
- Influenza (H3N2) virus.
- Influenza (H1N1) virus.
- One B virus.
Individual With Flu Should:
- Stay at home.
- Avoid contact with other people where possible.
- Keep warm and rest.
- Consume plenty of fluids.
- Avoid Alcohol.
- Stop smoking.
- Eat if possible.
Who should contact doctor?
- Elderly people.
- If temperature remains high for 4 to 5 days.
- Symptoms worsen.
- The individual feels seriously ill.
- They become short of breath and develop chest pain
HOMEDOC( doctor on call) doctors provide you the care from flu and H1N1 virus at your home and also provide swine flu vaccine at home.